Countdowns

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tuesday Tip - How to Make a Starbucks Frappacino at Home


I'm not a real coffee drinker, but I have come to really love a Starbucks' Blended Carmel Frappacino.  It's so delicious!  But at $4.50 a pop, it's not a treat I get to enjoy all that often (that and it's not really convenient to pop in and out of a Starbucks with 2 kids in tow).  Anyway - I searched online and found a recipe to make a homemade version.  I was a bit hesitant because 1) I don't even know how to use my coffee maker, and 2) I didn't want to be disappointed with a horrible copycat.  It ended up that my neighbor brewed the coffee for me (another reason I love living next to Julie), and it was D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!  Again, not the coffee expert, but it tasted spot on to me.  I no longer feel compelled to go to Starbucks to get my favorite drink.  

So for those of you who want to try this at home, here's the recipe.  Enjoy!

Starbucks' Blended Frappacino Recipe:
2 c. ice
2/3 c. double strength chilled coffee (the recipe actually calls for triple strength, but I used double strength and it tasted just fine to me)
2/3 c. milk
¼ c. caramel ice cream topping
2 tbsp sugar

Mix it in the blender to the preferred consistency.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I'll brew the coffee if you do the rest!!! I'm still waiting for a taste test! Hey, that rhymed!