Countdowns

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Sometimes We Fall

Today I took the girls to the doctor to get their flu shots. The medical building hires people to drive around in golf carts and pick people up in the parking lot and drive them to the building (it's a really big parking lot). I normally choose to walk, but today we hitched a ride. When we got up to the building, I was getting up when I stumbled over something , and then fell over the rail on the side, but since I was holding Verity I couldn't do anything to break my fall. I ended up landing directly on my right elbow and somehow hurting the back of my left knee. In a way it was kind of funny because I was laying there on the pavement when all these very nice people start running over to me to make sure that Verity and I were ok, making me feel like I was in a movie. But then the pain set in and nothing was funny anymore. It's been 14 hours and my elbow is still throbbing.

The interesting thing about this whole thing was that I didn't have time to consciously react to what was going on, but instinctively I held onto Verity. In fact, I landed in such a way that she was on top of me, hardly even effected by the fall. It's good to know that my instincts are to protect my babies.

No comments: