Countdowns

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep

I just read about the Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep Foundation on Molly Piper's blog, and I knew that I needed to share it with you. Their mission statement: "To introduce remembrance photography to parents suffering the loss of a baby with the free gift of professional portraiture. We believe these images serve as an important step in the family's healing process by honoring their child's legacy." I could not support this more. I have two pictures of my son and I would not give them up for anything. They are proof that he was here. Evidence that I had a third child. I am so thankful that I was able to get these pictures.

The Today Show did a piece on them, a few years back. I was crying within the first 45 seconds, but I feel it is worth watching.


I love these photographers are helping families hold on to the memories of their children. You lose a child and that stays with you forever. We don't need to put it on a back shelf and pretend it didn't happen. Having a picture that you can look at and remember all the little details in the days, months and years to come is such a blessing. If I were a better photographer I would definitely join this group.

No comments: