Countdowns

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Preschool Has Started in Earnest!

My desk is surrounded by textbooks and flashcards and charts and workbooks!  And it's only preschool!  But we're doing this thing right.  This week we're just focusing on getting in the habit of school and going over 3 subjects: math, letters, and writing.  Next week we are going to start ALL subjects.  And what are we going to cover?  Math, letters, writing, social studies, geography, biology (with a focus on botany), coloring, fine motor skills, science, time concepts (months, weeks, days, hours, minutes, etc), money ... and on and on.  Well, not too much more.  I mean ... it's not like we're doing AP work here, but kids learn a lot in preschool.  Of course I don't know from personal experience since I skipped preschool, but from what I'm gathering, they do learn a lot.

So far I've enjoyed our first two days.  It gives me some good one-on-one time with CJ and she seems to really love it.  She asks for "school time" throughout the day and goes and looks through her books by herself.  I'm hoping that her love for learning increases throughout the year.

No comments: