Countdowns

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, August 16, 2010

Things I Love - Minky Retractable Clothes Line

This summer I taught sewing lessons to a couple teenage sisters that go to our church.  We had a blast sewing together and their enthusiasm to learn was so refreshing.  But while I was at their house, I found something else that I loved (besides their mother's banana bread) - a retractable clothes line!

I loved the idea of hanging my clothes up outside, but I couldn't get excited about a clothesline hanging up all the time.  I like things put away when I'm not using them, and having to keep a clothesline up would irritate me.  So you can imagine how super excited I was about finding the Minky Retractable Clothes Line.  It's so easy to install (at least it was for Britt), and the cord is an amazing 49 feet long!  You could hang A LOT of clothes on that.  I think we only have ours set up to extend 20 feet, but I'm not hanging up all our clothes.  Lowes carries it, but I'm not sure if they are going to consider it "seasonal" and they'll stop carrying it soon.  But it's in the section with ironing boards and closet shelving/organizers.

What I Love About It:

  • At $14 it's cheap!  And no additional hardware is needed.  
  • Small isn't really noticeable hanging up on our fence.  For those of you who live in neighborhoods where clotheslines are frowned upon, this does give you a good option that shouldn't annoy your neighbors.
  • L-O-N-G!!
  • Verity's diapers have never smelled so fresh! :)
What I'm Not Crazy About:
  • Since it is retractable, you have to twist the cord around a little part on the bottom to ensure that it doesn't keep expanding as you put clothes on it.  It took a time or two to get it right, but it's not a problem any more.  
In Summation:  Love it!  Those using cloth diapers really need to get one.  And so should the rest of you. 

No comments: