Countdowns

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Things I Love - The Pioneer Woman Cooks

I got this cookbook about 3 weeks ago and I LOVE it.  First of all, it's not just a cookbook.  It chronicles how Ree Drummond transitioned from city-girl to ranch-wife.  There are beautiful pictures of their farm and she talks about daily life on the a ranch.  So it's a really fun read.  And the recipes - A-MAZING!  So first of all, the ingredients are all simple things you've actually heard of.  You don't have to go to three different stores to find everything you need for one meal. Second, they are things MEN will eat.  And want to eat.  These aren't fancy salads and entrees, but meats and hearty sides.  My favorite so far - steak sandwiches.  I think I could eat this every week.  Ok - but let me tell you my third and biggest reason why I love this book - there are pictures for every step in each recipe.  That's right - no more wondering what your food should look like, no more wondering what the step really means - you can just see it.  It's marvelous.

What I Love About It:

  • Easy, delicious, family pleasing recipes
  • Pictures, pictures, pictures!!
  • There are recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert.  
What I'm Not Crazy About:
  • Um .... I got nothing.
In Summation:  Go out and buy it.  Your family will thank you. 

No comments: