Countdowns

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Blake and Olivia Got Married!!!

We haven't posted anything in a long time, but there is a really good reason for that - Blake and Olivia got married! YAY! We're so excited for them! I don't think I've ever been to a wedding where I've seen a happier bride and groom. It was a long weekend full of cooking, ironing, decorating, organizing, celebrating, eating, greeting, cleaning and so many more fun things. I've been in several weddings, attending dozens more, but I have to say that I had invested myself in this one the most, my own wedding excluded. I desired to see them married after all their hardships getting to that day. I had a pretty tender moment with Olivia shortly before she walked down the aisle. I told her that I loved her and some other things and we both started crying ... of course then I felt bad because I didn't want her to be all red-eyed or smear her make-up so I had to hurriedly stop her tears and make sure she didn't look like she'd been crying. Watching her walk down the aisle with such exuberance was thrilling, but even better was the expression on Blake's face. He was so happy.

I love weddings. I love listening to the vows and watching two people make the ultimate commitment to each other. Rather - a covenant. One that is binding. I love listening to the pastor preach about marriage and how it's such a picture of Christ's love for the church. I love watching the couple as they are so happy to finally have arrived on their wedding day. I love when the pastor says "you may now kiss the bride" and there's that awkward kiss in front of everyone (or in the case of Adam and Stephanie - a make-out session - ow ow!!). And of course there is that great moment at the end of the ceremony when the bride and groom face the audience and they are pronounced "Mr. & Mrs. _____." Their eyes are bright, they are smiling so big their faces are going to hurt for a week, and they are just giddy. It's so fun to watch.

Every time I go to a wedding I'm reminded of how the church is the bride of Christ. What an awesome wedding feast that is going to be! I can't even imagine how wonderful. All that we have seen and marveled at aren't even a taste of what is to come. How I long to be at the marriage supper of the Lamb! I love my husband very much and I am constantly reminded of how wonderful he is to me ... and then I think about how Jesus is going to be an even better husband and I can't picture it. It'll be too amazing for words we know of now.

Until that day, I am grateful God gives us weddings to remind ourselves of what is to come and to build the anticipation.

1 comment:

Olivia Bowen said...

YAY!!!! And we're so excited to be married and totally appreciate all your help! We love the Treeces!!! :)