Countdowns

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 02, 2008

A Day with My Daugther

There are few days when I get to spend hours upon hours with my daughter; so when I do, it is pure joy. Even when things get difficult (dirty diaper, finicky feeding, whimpering and whining, real rebellion), I am thrilled and humbled by God to be able to spend time with my daughter. She is truly a blessing from God.

Thankfully, today was one such day. It was one of those days in which I can only wonder how long God will allow me to enjoy the company of my little girl and how short that time will seem. I am keenly aware of the fact that, whatever time He gives me, soon it will be gone and we will fly away.

This thought brings me to tears, but those tears bring my job as a father all the more into focus. The time that my daughter and I share together will be short, so I must be diligent to redeem it well for the glory of God in Christ.

So how did I use my time with my child today? How did you use yours?

No comments: