Countdowns

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 15, 2007

It's Apparent I'm A Parent

Do you remember when the Family Circus cartoonist would do "It's Apparent You're a Parent"? Well, now that's me. I've come to realize in the last few days that not only am I a parent, but it's pretty obvious that I am. Here's a few reasons why:

  • Every surface in my living room is covered in baby supplies. And I mean every surface.
  • There is no day when Charissa doesn't have the most adorable clothing on, and she looks especially good when we go out. Me ... well I seem to be living in a rotating supply of t-shirts, stretchy pants, and my hair thrown up in a knot.
  • When we go anywhere it looks like we're going on a week long vacation with all the gear I'm hauling. It's all for her, and we hardly use any of it while we're out. But - we've got it!
  • I no longer count time in hours but in feedings.
  • Half of the laundry I do is pink. And I don't wear pink.
  • I've made up songs about eating, sleeping, pooping, bathing, changing clothes, and crying. None are really award winning, but Charissa seems to like them.
  • I'm very excited to tell anyone who asks how much my daughter weighs.
  • Being spit on is a daily occurrence.
  • I don't know what movies are out, who popular singers are, or how any team is playing in any sport, but I do know the physical, social, and developmental milestones for the first 12 months.
  • I've tried to give a pacifier to a friend. She refused my offer.

My life is fun. :)

1 comment:

kari said...

here's my favorite- you know you're a momma when you sit on the couch for family worship with your husband and (without thinking of course) you grab your nursing pillow as you sit...only to realize the baby's already asleep and your husband just wanted to get into the Word with you!