Countdowns

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Good Gifts!

Apparently my birthday season wasn't quite over yet. Britt had a picture commissioned for me by a guy he knows and he gave this to me last Friday. Isn't it a wonderful picture? I love sunset and mountain pictures so this is really perfect for me. You can't really see the colors of the mountains very well, but they aren't just black. It's a pretty wonderful picture. I feel very blessed that my husband thought outside the box and had a picture painted for me.


The second gift isn't really a birthday present. But it came at about the same time and Britt did give it to me .... so it kind of counts. The second one is a house! YAY!! A beautiful, new house for us!! (Note: not "new" as in "just made" but as in "we're just getting it!"). It's close to downtown and it's in an older neighborhood ... it's really pretty spectacular. Here's a picture of the outside:

That's right! Wrap-around porch! How much fun is that?! The yard needs a little bit of work, but I think it will be very nice.

Bay windows!! This is the "living room." There are two sitting rooms in the house and one is a "family room" and one is a "living room" but we don't know how to tell which one is which. And don't ask about that little bit of wood - we don't know why it's there.

This is a small portion of the "family room." As you can see, it's a very ugly teal color that will be painted quickly.

Our dining room! It'll be so nice to have a place to eat that isn't sandwiched by cabinets and the washer/dryer! We'll actually be able to walk around the table! Imagine that ...

Our kitchen .... not much to explain here ...

The half bath downstairs that will be painted IMMEDIATELY upon moving in because this is just a ridiculous color to have on walls.
This is our third bedroom which will be turned into an office/guest room.

This will be Charissa's room. And yes we will be painting it too.

And this is our master bedroom! Another bay window! I really want to get a big overstuffed chair for in front of the windows and be able to read there.


But I haven't even told you the BEST news about the house. We took our friends, the Sylvesters, to go see it and they found a house right around the corner from us! So now Julie and I get to be neighbors and live out our dream of borrowing sugar from each other. It's going to be great! We think we'll be moving in early to mid December. We'll let you know as soon as we find out.

No comments: