Countdowns

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

So Many Wonderful Things to Share!

I haven't written in a week and normally that means nothing has happened, but in this case it means A LOT has happened! So let me update you ...

Hand-Holding Fun
Charissa and I went down to Charlotte to take care of my mom because she was having surgery on her eye. It's a 2.5-3 hour drive which means that it'd be really hard to make it non-stop with a four month old. We got about half an hour from my parents' house when Charissa realized that she was starting to feel hungry. I reached my hand around to find her pacifier, but she grabbed my hand and quieted down. It was about 1030 at night, so it was pretty dark in the car, and I guess she thought she was alone before and now that she could hold me she felt better. So for the next 30 minutes we just held hands. It was so tender and special. I'm not I've ever been able to alleviate or solve anyone's problems by just being near to them. It was a special mama-daughter moment.


Nana's Great Surgery
My mom had surgery on her eye last Thursday. It was an outpatient surgery, but was still pretty serious as they had to go through the eye and the surgery was almost an hour and a half long. But she did really well! She's recovering nicely and is able to see out of that eye, and should be back to normal in a few weeks!


1st Anniversary Celebration
Sunday was our 1st Anniversary!! YAY!! Praise God! Britt met me down in Charlotte and after giving plenty of unnecessary instructions to my parents about how to take care of Charissa for the next 20 hours, we left and went to the same hotel we stayed at last year. Apparently the hotel is very good about celebrating with those who are celebrating because our room had a bottle of champagne on ice, chocolates, strawberries, and pastries. We went swimming and relaxed and then went to a dinner at the hotel's restaurant. The hotel was especially accommodating - we had VIP seating away from the other diners, a wonderful waitress, the manager came over several times to make sure our every need was being taken care of, and to top it all off they made us a very special dessert - individual chocolate cakes with molten lava, Haagen Daas ice cream, pineapple pieces, and chocolate syrup swirled in beautiful designs around the plate. AND THEN - Britt made me a DVD slide show of our relationship. It was beautiful! I wish I had a way to post it and share because it's so fabulous, but I haven't figured out how to do it yet. It was a wonderful anniversary. But by the end, we were ready to see Charissa again. We missed our little girl!


The Double-Rolling Wonder

Charissa rolled over! Twice! And I know what you're thinking - the same way two times. But that's not what she did. She rolled over from her back to her stomach and then within 1 minute she rolled from her stomach to her back! Two milestones in 90 seconds! I had predicted for a long time that she would roll from her back to her stomach first and then be so irritated that she was on her stomach she'd roll right back over. In case you don't know, Charissa hates to be on her stomach. In fact today at her 4 month check up, the doctor observed Charissa on her stomach and immediately said, "She's gonna crawl real soon if for no other reason than she's mad that she's on her stomach!" Ahh CJ ... the never-ending entertaining wonder!!


It's been such a wonderful week!

No comments: