Countdowns

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, January 05, 2009

Enough Love For Two

I have been so surprised by the number of people who have reminded me to pay attention to Charissa and not forget about her.  Seriously?  How could I forget my first born?  I'm hoping that people mean "Don't get too busy with the new baby that you don't have time to play with Charissa" instead of "Don't forget that you have another child and forget to feed her or change her diaper or leave her at home."   

Charissa has done so well with the addition of a new baby in our home.  She loves Baby V and wants to make sure that she always has her paci and she becomes very concerned every time she cries.  And she's such a helper!  She loves to go get diapers or burp clothes and Baby V never has a lack of toys brought to her that she can't possibly play with.  Oh well - at least she's interested and happy.  

And yes - I am still spending time with Charissa.  In fact, since Baby V sleeps almost 20 hours a day, it's not hard to spend time with Charissa.  I've tried to make sure that CJ has had mama time every day.  One day we ran errands just the two of us, another day we read books, and we watched "The Little Mermaid" together.  Well, we watched about 20 minutes of it before she got antsy and wandered off.  

So please be assured that I haven't forgotten about my sweet CJ.  I still love her and love spending time with her.  She's still my little bundle and one of my most favorite people in the whole world.  There is more than enough love in my heart for both of my girls.  

Here's a picture of me and my girls and the way we spend most of our time - close together.

No comments: