Countdowns

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Mute Math

Luke 4:16-21 says that God sent Jesus and anointed Him with His Spirit to, "proclaim good news to the poor, to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor."

I stumbled across Mute Math yesterdayand listened to their single, "Chaos." Check out these lines:
I know you stay true when my world is false
And everything around is breaking down to chaos
I always see you when my sight is lost
And everything around is breaking down to chaos
This reminds me a lot of Luke 4 and many other Bible passages. "You stay true when my world is false" is almost straight out of Scripture (see Proverbs, Isaiah 40:7-8, and Romans 3).

And there's more good stuff: one song talks about the dangers of careless words ("Stare at the Sun"), while another speaks of the "beautiful surrender" of knowing the Lord ("Control"). Great band.

No comments: