Great Baby Presents:
- Books for the baby
- Gift cards to Blockbuster
- Diapers with scripture, songs, or anything written on them to make diaper changing more fun.
- Stain remover
- Gift cards to get pictures developed (trust me - they can use this!)
- Toys for various stages of the first year
- Gift cards to the grocery store
- A meal given when the baby is two months old
- Offers to babysit
- Money for doctor's visits - there will be a lot of them! (Julie S. gave me this idea)
Also, after the baby is born, here are a few things that some moms might find helpful:
- Instead of asking if they need anything from the grocery store, just get a few staples and take them to their house (cereal, fresh fruit and vegetables, a frozen meal, etc.)
- When you stop by for a visit, ask if there is anything you can do and don't take "no" for an answer! Find something to wash, clean, or fold.
- If you take them a meal, dessert, or snack try to take it in a container you don't need returned or at least offer to pick it up instead of having them take it back to you
I may post more as I think of things - or as others tell me what was helpful for them!