Countdowns

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Tuesday Tip - Water Conservation

After my first shower in our new house I realized that we needed a new shower head pretty badly. The shower just dribbled this pitiful spray of water that made for a frustrating experience. On one of our numerous trips to Home Depot we looked around for a new shower head when one of the employees directed us to the Niagara Conservation "I Save Water" Kit. Inside the bag there was a shower head, 2 bathroom faucet aerators, a kitchen aerator, toilet water saver, leak detectors, and some information packets. And it was only $10!** And they work so well! The water pressure is amazing, and it uses half the water of normal shower head and aerators. So you can save a lot of money on your water bill and heating bill, as well as saving thousands of gallons of water every year.

The thing I like best about this kit, is that I don't notice the difference. Except for the improvement. I'm using less water, using less electricity, but I don't feel like I'm giving anything up. All the parts are easy to install (we installed all the parts in like an hour), and aren't really noticeable.

Enjoy saving water, while still having nice showers.


**At the Niagara Conservation website, the kits sell for $25.

No comments: