To get a taste, here are a few chapter titles:
- The Childproof House: How to Know If You've Gone Too Far
- Screaming: Is it Necessary?
- Diaper Bag or Steamer Trunk?
- Preschool: The Fast Track to Harvard
- "Children's Music" : Why?
- Karate, Little League, and Ballet: Your Child's Eighty-Hour Work Week
I laughed through the whole thing. Mellor has a very dry sense of humor and I just loved her responses to our culture's method of parenting. She actually recommends saying "no" to your children and setting limitations as well teaching them right from wrong without worrying that you'll crush their self-esteem.
It's 140 pages of light reading that you can probably finish in 2 nap times. I completely recommend it to all parents as a way to laugh at the struggles we all go through in parenting. And you can get it from the public library! So there's no excuse not to go out and read it immediately.