Countdowns

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I Just Don't Get It ...

You know when you're reading a recipe and it says "Prep Time: 10 minutes" and you think "Yes! Exactly what I need tonight."  Then you realize that's 10 minutes of prep if you have the chicken already cooked and diced, the vegetables peeled and chopped, etc., etc..  And who's done that already?  So that "10 minute prep time" suddenly turns into 30.

If I were to write a cookbook, these would be my rules:
  • Always include a COLOR picture with every recipe.  If it was a complicated recipe, I'd include pictures for each step.  
  • Prep times would be honest - which would include chopping time.  
  • There would be an entire section dedicated to spices and what foods go well with them.
  • I'd also include a glossary to explain those weird cooking terms.
But I don't think I'm ever going to write a cookbook.  I think you have to know more about cooking than I do.  Unless it was a really short one.  

No comments: