Countdowns

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Tuesday Tip - Getting Wax Off Tablecloths or Other Fabrics

I used to cringe when I saw wax on my tablecloths. It seemed like there was no way to get it off and there would always be this mark where a candle had once been. But I found a method that removes wax easily and completely! (And yes, I do know this sounds a lot like a infomercial. Just bear with me - you're going to want to hear this.)

Three Steps to Wax-Free Tablecloths
1. First pick away whatever pieces you can from the tablecloth.
2. Put a thin towel, a sheet of tin foil, and a grocery sack or paper lunch bag on your ironing board.
3. Then heat up the iron to its highest heat, and place the tablecloth wax side down on the top of these towels. The heat will melt the wax, and the pressure of the iron will draw it into the grocery sack/lunch bag. Keep doing this until it is removed.

I told you it was easy. And it works. In seconds. And there's no residue left over either. If the was was colored, then there might be a stain, but then you can just treat it like any other stain.

Now entertain with candles with no fear!

No comments: