Countdowns

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Leaving on a Jet Plane ...

Today Britt left to go to a training seminar in Michigan for the next few days.  He had a half day of school, so we were able to hang out in the afternoon and go to Observation Park at the airport before his plane took off.  We had a lot of fun and Charissa really enjoyed watching the planes take off.  I think it also helped her understand "Daddy is getting on a plane and flying away."  I don't think I'd go to the park just with Charissa, but I would definitely go with some other kiddos and have a picnic or something.  Planes don't take off every minute so you need something else there to be be entertained by while you wait.  

So the girls and I have a couple days to hang out while Daddy is gone.  I've planned girlie movies to watch, projects to work on, and errands to run while he's gone so that I'm busy and don't just count the hours until he gets back. I'm not sure that's going to help CJ though.  But her Rere (Britt's mom) is coming over tomorrow night so that might help.  

Just pray Charissa doesn't have a complete meltdown in the next few days.  

1 comment:

Some girl from Raleigh. said...

I Love that park! I take my little kiddoes there a couple times a month and bring sand toys for them to play with, and we watch planes take off and land. Its tons of fun.