Countdowns

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 11, 2008

No News Is ... Well - It Means Nothing Is Happening

Some of you are probably wondering what's going on with Baby V since there are only 11 days until my due date.  But don't worry - you haven't missed anything.  Nothing is going on here.  I went to the doctor yesterday and they confirmed that nothing is going on.  In fact, I was told that I'll probably go to my due date or a few days late.  There was a twinge of disappointment, but then I realized that I don't want to have the baby this week, so I'm ok with it.  If I had my way, she'd be born on the night of the 19th or the morning of the 20th.  Britt's last day of work is the 19th and he doesn't have to go back until the 5th, so it would be perfect if Verity would come at the very beginning of that.  But all of this is completely out of my control, so who knows what's going to happen.  She will be born in 2008 though - that much I do know.  

We are getting ready for the little girl's arrival though.  We've washed all her clothes and blankets and socks, we've set up the swing and bouncy seat, I got out all the bottles, and hopefully this weekend we'll install the car seat.  So far Charissa and Verity have their bags packed for the hospital/spending the night with a friend, but Britt and I are still unpacked.  Another task for this weekend.  

This past weekend we had a wonderful "Baby Sprinkle" with lots of our friends and family.  The shower was Christmas themed so there were all sorts of Christmas treats and music.  We received adorable baby clothes, toys, a picture framed painted to match the girls' room, and a tutu.  A lot of our friends pitched in together to get us the Ergo Baby Carrier which I am so excited to use!  Hopefully it will help me balance carrying an infant and chasing after Charissa.  My parents and grandparents gave us a Joovy Caboose Stroller - a much needed item for two!  Some other friends of ours pitched in and gave us 3 months worth of Netflix - isn't that a wonderfully creative gift?  It's winter, you're stuck inside with a newborn - you're bound to watch a lot of movies.  And with the instant downloading and getting them in the mail, you don't even have to run out to the movie store!  

Pray that I continue to have patience with these last few days.  It's not that I'm uncomfortable or feeling terrible, it's just that I'm running out of things to do.  And I can't really plan any projects because I don't want to have half-finished projects waiting for me when I get home from the hospital (or a mess to clean up).  But I guess in a way it's good because it means Charissa and I have lots of time to just hang out and play together.  

Only 11 more days ... keep us in your prayers!

1 comment:

Julie P said...

We really wanted to be at the shower. Jonah was sick. :(