Countdowns

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, January 14, 2008

A Good Read

I love to read. And I'm generally not to picky about what I read. Not that I read trash, but I'll read all genres and styles and generally enjoy them. The public library is a good friend of mine. It's like shopping! Only it's free! Unless you keep the book hostage until you finish it thus causing it to be overdue and then you owe the library money. But that's not very often.

When I was in high school I was required to read Alexandre Dumas' novels The Three Muskateers, The Man in the Iron Mask, and The Count of Monte Cristo. I don't remember much about them except that I didn't really enjoy The Three Muskateers, but again I don't remember why. I have all three novels at my parents' house, and over Christmas Britt picked up The Count of Monte Cristo and started reading it and brought it home with us. One day I was desperate for some reading, so I picked it up and absolutely devoured it! I LOVED it! I was so surprised. And it's so easy to read! It's not like one of those books where you can't understand what the author is saying because he uses a lot of useless descriptions (Dickens), but it was thoroughly enjoyable.

I am currently reading The Man in the Iron Mask and while it's not as good as Monte Cristo, I am still enjoying it. So if you are looking for a good book to read, look into Alexandre Dumas.


"But you don't have to take my word for it ..."


**For those of you who know and understand that quote, I hope you found it funny. I just couldn't resist using it! :)**

No comments: