Countdowns

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Her Name Shall Be Called ...

Verity Evangeline

Baby Number 2 was a lot harder to name than Charissa, but we have settled on a name that we both agree on and that we both love. To be honest, I wanted "Verity" since I was about 5 weeks pregnant, but it took a little longer for Britt to see the perfection of it. "Verity" is Latin for "truth" and "Evangeline" comes from the English-ized Greek word for "the gospel." These are the reasons that Britt really likes them. I'm not going to lie - I picked them because I thought they were pretty. I read a book about a girl named Verity and she was sweet and gentle and I just loved her character. Also, it makes me think of a dainty flower. We will be calling her Verity - or as Charissa says "Baby V."

And yes, I know these are unusual names. But no, that does not deter me from naming my daughter Verity. This is her name. I don't think I could ever think of her with another name. Strangely enough, even though both these names are uncommon, they are listed in the book of "Hottest Baby Names in 2008." I was actually kind of disappointed about that. Here I was thinking I had picked a name no one else will have, and it's on the list of names for this year. Oh well.

We have a Charissa and a Verity. And we are very happy with our girls. Everyday it is becoming more of a reality that we are having another baby and we'll be responsible for another precious life. Only 3.5 months to go!

1 comment:

Julie P said...

How pretty is her name!