Countdowns

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Little Girl in a Big Bed

Last Thursday Britt and I decided to let Charissa sleep in a "big girl bed." She has a twin bed in her room that she'll have to switch to when Baby Treece comes, but we weren't really sure when we were going to transition to it. Charissa has really started to understand when nap/bed time is and will say "nigh nigh" and go to her room by herself, so we thought she might be mature enough for the big girl bed. And she's done really well! All six nights and naps she's stayed in the bed (except for twice when she fell out) and never needed a reminder. Of course, we feel that she's just in the "I don't know I can get out" phase and will soon enter the "Oh - freedom is so close I can just hop out of bed" phase. That should be fun. Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure:

I took this at about 2:00 AM on the first night she slept in the bed. Insomniac/pregnant mamas get to check on their toddlers often during the night.

The first morning after - she's very excited about something. I also love the growing halo of hair. I need to get some pictures of me at this age and that show how Charissa has the exact same hair that I had when I was little.

Doesn't that little grin make you smile?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Betsy, Charissa is probably the cutest little girl I have ever seen in my entire life. Just thought I'd let you know :)