Countdowns

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Certain Kind of Closeness

Sometimes when Charissa and I are playing or I am "supervising" her playtime, I'll lay on the floor on my tummy (which is something I'll probably only be able to do for a few more weeks). Normally, I'll be reading a book or working on something right in front of me. More often than not, some certain individual will come over to me after a while and stick her tiny caboose in my face and sit down right on my book or whatever it is I'm looking at. Her back is literally pressed against my face and she's just leaning against me as content as can be. So then we tickle and laugh and hug and have all sorts of mama-daughter fun. That's a certain kind of closeness that most people don't have.

I mean, when was the last time you felt the freedom to sit on someone's face? (in a nice way)

No comments: