Countdowns

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sunday, Sleepy Sunday

I've been taking the phrase "day of rest" pretty seriously lately (and sometimes not even on Sundays). I've had some trouble sleeping at night because of my allergies. I'll wake up around 200 or 300 in the morning and my eyes will be extremely itchy, my throat hurts, I'm sneezy and my nose is all runny (I'm very attractive at 200 in the morning). I lay in bed for a while willing myself to go to sleep, and then after 45 minutes or an hour I get up go to the couch. I have a system that seems to work pretty well. First, I eat a bowl of cereal because it scratches my throat and I'll go to sleep faster if I have a full tummy (just like a baby). Then I get a cold wash cloth and lay it over my eyes. Third, I lay down and listen (because my eyes are covered by the washcloth) to some episode of FRIENDS. Presto, I'm asleep within 1-2 episodes.

I mean, it's nice to have a working system, but I think I'd rather sleep through the night. Thankfully I have a doctor's appointment on Friday and hopefully they will be able to give me some advice/medicine.

No comments: