Countdowns

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Summer Reading List

Do you remember in middle school and high school how you had your summer reading list? There would be like two books you'd have to read over the summer that inevitable everyone read in the week before school because we all forgot about it. I think it's such a good practice to have a reading list. It keeps your reading varied and purposeful. In the beginning of the summer I asked Britt to make me a "summer reading list." Here's the books on my list:
  1. When I Don't Desire God: How to Fight for Joy by John Piper
  2. Love That Lasts: When Marriage Meets Grace by Gary and Betsy Ricucci
  3. Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp
  4. Humility: True Greatness by C.J. Mahaney
  5. Uprooting Anger: Biblical Help for a Common Problem by Robert D. Jones
In June I didn't read any of the books because I got caught up reading some other things, but then in July I buckled down and got to work. I've finished When I Don't Desire God and Love that Lasts and I'm currently a couple chapters into Shepherding a Child's Heart. Hopefully I'll still be able to finish them all by the end of the summer (which technically is after Labor Day, I think).

I encourage you all to make your own reading list. Pick whatever pace you want to read at, but have a goal to read several different books in the near future. If you need help, ask your spouse, a friend or your pastor to suggest good books for you. I'm sure if you put a tiny bit of effort into it you can come up with a list that will take you several years to finish.

No comments: