Countdowns

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A Quick Touch-Up

I love to cook new recipes. I would say 80-90% of the dinners I cook are new recipes. Some aren't all that wild, just variations, but we do try to be open to lots of different types of foods. Most of the recipes I get are from cooking magazines, so I tear out the pages and keep them in a binder until I use them. When I do my 2 week meal plan I go through my ripped out recipes and I select the ones I want to try and then I put them on my refrigerator in a little magnetic chip clip. The problem is that most of the time I have to use 2-3 of the clips and then they still keep sliding down my fridge. I think Britt got tired of picking them up, so he went out and bought me these:
Britt put them on the fridge and I said, "They work great, but they're really ugly."  So I set out to make them less ugly.  
A little glue, a little scrapbook paper, some mod podge ...
... and voila!  Pretty magnets!  

And they still work just as well as when they were ugly.

Why have ugly magnets when you can have pretty ones? And I got to use some of the leftover scraps from the hangers I made a few weeks ago.  A very successful 20 minutes if you ask me.  

No comments: