Countdowns

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

St. Patrick's Day Playdate

Today we had a playdate with our friends the Thompsons.  Originally I had invited over all the girls born in the few months around Verity's birthday, but only Anna Grace could make it due to the other two mommies being sick.  But we had a really good time anyway.

Since it was St. Patrick's Day I decided to go with a green theme for our snack.  Green grapes, broccoli, apples, and celery.  Delicious and nutritious!  And Charissa ate a ton!  I'm not sure what inspired her to eat, but I'm thankful nonetheless.  
I recently discovered that St. Patrick used the shamrock to illustrate the Trinity.  I printed out a picture of a shamrock and wrote "God the Father," "Jesus," and "Holy Spirit" in each leaf and then I let Charissa and Josiah color them.  
And miracle of miracles, I actually took a picture of Charissa and a friend.  I never take pictures with friends, and I'm really trying to get better at that.  So here is a picture of Josiah and Charissa.  I know he looks about 6 inches taller than Charissa in this picture, but I think he's really only about 2-3 inches taller.  
I think Verity and Anna Grace are about the same height even though Anna Grace is 2 months older.  Don't they look like they're having fun?

And this is what the girls' room looked like after playtime.  I love it!  I know it's a mess and I have to pick it up, but it's just a sign that there were happy children playing in my house.  
I made little fleece elephants for all of Verity's friends as a party favor.  I printed off the pattern from Homemade By Jill.  They were really easy to make and I think I'll probably make them in the future to throw in with my baby presents.  
I know I said that it was a playdate for Verity and her friends and then I wrote all about Charissa and Josiah, but Verity slept through most of it and Anna Grace took a nap about halfway through it.  Oh well.  At least I'm getting in the practice of helping Verity make friends. 

1 comment:

JoshandGrace said...

Wow! I didn't realize we left such a mess! We'll help clean up better next time :) Anna Grace LOVES her elephant, she will sit and chew on the trunk all day long! Thanks again for such a wonderful time!