Countdowns

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tuesday Tip - Applique Your Cares Away

Last week Charissa somehow got a hold of a pen while we were in the car (probably because I left one around and she put it in her purse so she can be just like Mama), but she didn't have any paper, so she went to town on her pants.  
Now, these were one of my favorites, so I couldn't just get rid of them.  I have a very special place in my heart for red pants ... and gold pants.  Anyway - I decided to try my hand at applique and cover up the spots.  I found a fun zebra print, cut out little hearts and ironed them right on.  
I was pleased with the results, but thought that it looked a little random, so I opted to add some zebra ruffles at the bottom.  

And because I was 1) caught up in the applique momentum and 2) had the supplies, I decided to make a little shirt to go with it.  
I don't have a picture of CJ in them, but trust me - she's cute.  Britt refers to this outfit as "The Little Rocker."  So there is hope for clothes with spots on them!  

For those of you who could care for a tutorial on applique I recommend Little Birdie Secrets Blog on it (they also have a fun idea for Wall Appliques).  It's very easy to follow and I love their style. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so talented and creative- you should start your own line of children's clothing online-you could also add your baby seat covers!

Allison Vasquez said...

So cute! You could sell these!