Countdowns

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, September 22, 2008

The Beginning of the End

Today marks the first day of my third trimester. I find it really hard to believe that I'm already in my 27th week of pregnancy. It's just flown by! I feel like I'm just now starting to feel pregnant so I don't feel like I can possibly be this far along. Although I am starting to have those "third trimester treats" such as ligament pains and middle-of-the-night-wake-up-screaming-in-pain-leg-cramps. Oh what fun!

In celebration of entering the third trimester, I filled out all the paperwork I need to send in to the hospital to preregister. Things like that make it real that Verity is coming soon. For my birthday, my family is going to come up and help Britt and I redecorate Charissa's room to turn it into Charissa and Verity's pink polka-dot paradise. Well ... maybe not quite a paradise, but it will be pink and there will be polka-dots. Having the room changed over from the designs we used with Charissa when she was born to what we're doing for the girls will make a big difference in how I see the room and being able to visualize another baby sharing it with Charissa.

I'm looking forward to entering fall in my third trimester. One of the things I love most about being due in winter is that I'll never (or rarely ever) be cold. I have my own little heater that keeps me nice and toasty no matter what the temperature is. In fact, I'm often warm and throw the covers off in the middle of the night and freeze my poor husband.

Only 9 weeks until I'm "term" and then another 4 until my due date! But please keep in mind that it'll probably be a total of 14 weeks before Verity makes her grand appearance. And as my brother has reminded me, I better pray she comes before January 1st so I can claim her in 2008 for taxes. Isn't that a sweet reason to anticipate her arrival? :)

No comments: