Countdowns

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I can't sleep ...

... because my baby is awake.

Never thought I'd say that while still pregnant. Yikes! Verity is proving that she is different from her sister in many ways. Charissa never moved in the womb (since then she's made up for it). Seriously. I could go days without feeling her. She was just chilling. Verity? She is on the go all day and night. I don't know when she sleeps. Sometimes I just sit and watch my stomach because I can see her moving.

Tonight I laid in bed for 45 minutes trying to go to sleep, but someone else was trying to par-tay. I think she was dancing because it's just movement all over the place. But it did end up being a sweet moment because I got to feel her foot. I laid my hand on my stomach and she kicked me, and then kept her foot there. So I moved my hand all around the lump and discovered it to be a foot. A tiny little baby foot. I just laid in bed and smiled thinking, "that's my baby ... this is the foot I'll one day get to dress and put socks on - and if she's anything like her sister, I'll put 10 different pairs of shoes on her within a one hour period."

I started off being a little frustrated that I couldn't sleep, but now I'm just thankful that I have a healthy little girl full of energy.

Ok - off to bed for the second time. Perhaps this time I'll succeed!

No comments: